“The last three months have, without a doubt, been the hardest period of my captaincy journey” – Ben Stokes
England Men’s Test team skipper Ben Stokes opened up about the pressures, struggles, and his deep love for both the game and his team during a challenging phase of his captaincy after the crushing 2025-26 Ashes defeat.
In an Instagram post, he wrote: “Being England captain is the greatest honour a player can be given, and I do not take it for granted. It has its highs and its lows; it makes you want to smile; it makes you want to cry. It completely and utterly consumes you and at times feels like the only thing in your life.”
Reflecting on a particularly difficult stretch, he admitted, “The last three months have, without a doubt, been the hardest period of my captaincy journey. It has tested me in so many different ways, and I’m sure every other captain has gone through this as well.”
Despite the setbacks, Stokes remains committed to the bigger picture alongside head coach Brendon McCullum and managing director Rob Key.
“Baz, Rob, and I have the passion and desire to take this team forward. We are going to give you everything we have. We know we have made mistakes along the way, and we have learned from them — you learn more from failure than success.”
In a raw and heartfelt conclusion, Stokes made his feelings crystal clear: “I f*****g love cricket. I f*****g love this team. I f*****g love being England captain, and I have so much more to give to this role.”
The 2025-26 Ashes ended with Australia defeating England 4–1, retaining the urn for the fifth straight series. Australia sealed the contest in just 11 days of play, with two Tests finishing inside two days.
For more updates, follow REVSPORTZ.
The post “The last three months have, without a doubt, been the hardest period of my captaincy journey” – Ben Stokes appeared first on Sports News Portal | Revsportz.
Comments
Post a Comment