“This is just the beginning”: RCB’s Krunal Pandya sets sights on IPL 2026
All-rounder Krunal Pandya opened up about his journey with Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) after playing a key role in their maiden IPL title win in 2025. Despite delivering match-winning performances throughout that season, Krunal said he remains hungry for more success and believes this is just the beginning for him and the team ahead of the IPL 2026.
Reflecting on the historic 2025 campaign, Krunal told ESPNcricinfo, “Feels really good that whatever I said in 2022 has come out exactly the way I said it. After 17 years of drought, and then in the 18th season, RCB winning the trophy and me being part of it – I had a decent, tiny contribution to their success – can’t ask for more than this. Going forward, I’mstill hungry. I feel like this is just the beginning.”
In 2025, Krunal emerged as an impactful player in the tournament, as he picked up 17 wickets in 15 matches. He also created history by becoming the only player in the history of the IPL to win the Player of the Match award twice in finals.
Krunal also highlighted the role of their spin-bowling coach Malolan Rangarajan in his bowling approach. “Agreed. I’llgive a lot of credit to Malolan. What happens as a player is, sometimes you know certain things will work for you but he gave me so much validity, and he pushed me [into] doing that. He encouraged me to bowl slow and go for wickets, to bowl the bouncer. He said if you feel like it, you bowl a bouncer,” Krunal said.
He added, “He backed me and trusted my understanding of the game to that level where it was like, you do whatever you want to do, don’t back [out].”
The defending champions will open their IPL 2026 campaign against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) on March 28 in Bengaluru.
For latest sports updates: Follow RevSportz
The post “This is just the beginning”: RCB’s Krunal Pandya sets sights on IPL 2026 appeared first on Sports News Portal | Revsportz.

Comments
Post a Comment