As Long as I’m Contributing and Enjoying the Game, I’ll Keep Playing: Meg Lanning

 
Meg Lanning (PC: ICC)
Former Australia captain Meg Lanning, who is currently leading Manchester Super Giants in The Hundred, has said she has not given serious thought to retirement, insisting that her future in the game will depend on whether she continues to make meaningful contributions and enjoys playing.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Lanning explained that she remains driven by the desire to influence matches with the bat and has no interest in extending her career unless she can continue to play a decisive role.
“I hadn’t thought about that, to be honest,” she said. “Two things will dictate it: am I still contributing, and am I still enjoying it? My job as a batter is to contribute and make an impact on the game. As long as I’m still doing that and enjoying it, I’m going to keep playing. For the moment, hopefully those two things are still in play.”
The former Australia skipper further emphasised that she has no desire to be merely part of a squad and wants to continue making a tangible impact on her team’s performances.
“I don’t want to just come to tournaments and be a bit-part player,” she added. “I want to continue to contribute to wins and have an impact with the bat, so I’ve been working on a few things.”
Lanning’s comments come as Manchester Super Giants have enjoyed an encouraging start to their campaign in The Hundred. Under her leadership, the side opened with a comprehensive seven-wicket victory over London Spirit Women at Lord’s on 23 July, chasing down the target with 41 balls to spare. Lanning contributed 21 off 24 deliveries in the successful chase.
Their second fixture, against Birmingham Phoenix Women in Manchester on 26 July, was abandoned without a ball being bowled because of rain, leaving Manchester Super Giants unbeaten after their opening two scheduled matches.
Lanning and Manchester Super Giants will next be in action on 28 July, when they take on Sunrisers Leeds as they look to build on their positive start to the tournament.
Follow REVSPORTZ for more updates. 

The post As Long as I’m Contributing and Enjoying the Game, I’ll Keep Playing: Meg Lanning appeared first on Sports News Portal | Revsportz.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consistent Nicholas Pooran can be world’s top T20 batter

From scoring ton in Patna to taking on bouncers like a ‘bullet’ in Perth – Nitish’s story of perseverance

Turning the clock back by 0.12 seconds