“I was not as fluent…’- Sophia Dunkley on her match winning knock against Manchester Super Giants

Sophia Dunkley was named Player of the Match after she produced a crucial 57 off 33 balls with six fours and three sixes to help Trent Rockets secure victory over Manchester Super Giants. Dunkley initially assessed the conditions before opening up her range of shots, particularly behind square, as she accelerated through the innings.
The England batter was eventually dismissed by Sophie Ecclestone, caught by Ryana MacDonald-Gay but her 33-ball 57 had already provided her team with the momentum it needed.
Reflecting on her performance, Dunkley spoke to the broadcasters and said, “It was nice to get the win. I was not as fluent but great to get the win. I was just trying to use the conditions and use the angles.”
Dunkley also praised the bowling effort, saying, “Luffy was outstanding.” Asked whether the team had been short of runs, she admitted, “Yeah, I guess. You always want to get more from that platform, but a great performance with the ball.”
On reaching her half-century, Dunkley explained, “Once I got in, I opened up the behind square shots.”
She also reserved praise for her teammates, adding, “There were some great catches too.”
With two more matches to be played at home, Dunkley said the team would be looking to build on the result: “Two more games at home and we want to make that a fortress.”
Dunkley has an average of 46 this season for Trent Rockets and will hope to continue her form in the next match against Sunrisers Leeds on August 2.
Follow REVSPORTZ for more updates.
The post “I was not as fluent…’- Sophia Dunkley on her match winning knock against Manchester Super Giants appeared first on Sports News Portal | Revsportz.
Comments
Post a Comment