ZIM vs IND – “It was very difficult especially the gap of two years”: Mayank Yadav opens up on injury struggles

Indian pacer Mayank Yadav marked his return to international cricket with a fine performance in the first T20I against Zimbabwe to help his side seal a comfortable seven-wicket win in Harare on Thursday.
The fast bowler, who spent two years on the sidelines due to injuries, took two for 18 and earned the Player of the Match award.
After his impressive comeback, Mayank reflected on the difficult phase in his career. “It was very difficult, especially the gap of two years was a challenge because age wasn’t on my side,” Mayank said in a presser. “I was just 22-23 [years old]. I felt that I had to suffer so much at a young age. At the same time, the motivation to play for the country was always there. So I wanted to make a comeback and perform as I did before.”
Mayank also spoke about how India’s young pace attack comprising Prince Yadav and debutant Ashok Sharma helped him during the game. “We don’t talk a lot about pace but we have a nice bond. I bowled the first over today, so I shared inputs with Prince and Ashok – about the assistance I got and the better options to attack.” Their combined effort helped India restrict Zimbabwe to 125/7 in their allotted 20 over.
The speedster also praised captain Shreyas Iyer for trusting him. “During the game, he showed a lot of confidence in the bowlers. I felt good that he backed what I wanted to bowl.”
India now lead the three-match T20I series 1-0. The second T20I will be played on July 25 in Harare.
For latest sports updates: Follow RevSportz
The post ZIM vs IND – “It was very difficult especially the gap of two years”: Mayank Yadav opens up on injury struggles appeared first on Sports News Portal | Revsportz.
Comments
Post a Comment